Terms and Conditions of Use
The Conditions are intended, with the order form, and the other items referred to therein, to regulate the terms and conditions that govern the provision of the Online Shop deFÁTIMA - Sculptures of Our Lady by DADIGIT Unipessoal Lda, headquarters in Largo de São João 9, Lombo D'Égua 2495-630 Fátima, Portugal, under the single registration and legal company identification (NIPC) No. 513590170, with a share capital of € 1,000, referred as "DADIGIT".
The Service consists on the provision, through the site www.defatima.com that access to the Online Store that, in addition to providing products information, allows the user, electronically, to order products disclosed there, on the terms and conditions described in here.
These conditions are the only ones to be applied and may occasionally be modified considering that the user is properly informed and accept them when he place an order.
It is not mandatory to register to make a purchase in our store. You can choose to checkout the purchase without registration or through Paypall. Anyway, we recommend pre-registration in order to expedite a next order, as you become also able to receive discount vouchers and promotions new products information. Anytime you can give up our newsletter by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject "Remove".
When filling out the registration form, to do so you have to provide the required data and choose a password, and after confirming the registration email, you can access your personal account on the site defatima.com by signing and can manage in "MY ACCOUNT" all your personal data and other information regarding to the use and shopping in the store.
3. Shopping Cart
This feature allows the user to store all the items he selected until he completes the purchase. This way, you can easily change the chosen amount or cancel items on your selection. If you are a registered user, you can save the items list to the shopping cart if you do not want to make the purchase immediately, which will be available in your personal account.
The user can choose items via the category menu, the research bar, collections or featured articles on the site. All items have a description and the possibility to add the item to the shopping cart where you can complete your purchase. After completing your order you will receive a order confirmation by email, as an email with the payment instructions, and your items will be shipped as soon as we check the payment proof. For a more detailed description see our SHOPPING GUIDE.
The customer has at his disposal the following means of payment:
- PayPal - You can make the payment directly on the PayPal platform in quick and safe way;
- Payment by Credit card via PayPal - you can proceed to payment by credit card in a safe way, because all the data is entered through the PayPal platform, regardless of whether you have or not, an account in this payment system;
- Bank transfer - To make payments by bank transfer you should use the following data:
IBAN: PT50 0010 0000 5279 9270 0016 4 | SWIFT: BBPIPTPL
When making the transfer insert as reference the order number, with the purpose to identify the payment. Please send us the receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can expedite the process.
The costs resulting from the transaction charged by the customer's bank will be your responsibility.
Note: Due to the high costs of banking transactions, we can only accept payments by bank transfer from areas outside the SEPA area (outside Europe), when the total amount of purchased items exceeds 200 euros.
Only for Portugal
- Payment of Services/Purchases by ATM - you will receive an email with the references to procced the payment in a ATM.
(ATM > Payments > Payment of Services/Purchases);
- Payment by Cash on Delivery (with Fee) - shipping at charge on which the customer only pays when receives the order, is available for a small fee, for orders whose destination is in Portugal Mainland and up to 200€;
The items’ price for Portugal and other EU countries, has the VAT tax already included (23%).
7. Deliveries and Returns
The delivery of the orders is made through a carrier hired by DADIGIT Unipessoal Lda and selected by the User in the check-out process. For a more detailed description see page DELIVERIES AND RETURNS.
7.1 COVID-19 - ANNOUNCEMENT
Due to the spread of the Covid-19 virus that is affecting people and companies all around the world, forcing a readjustment of our lives and ways of being on a daily basis, we inform our Clients of the following:
- During the current emergency state due to the Covid-19 outbreak, there may be some delays in shipping of the articles as there are some logistics and transport difficulties (Não seria melhor consequências, consequences?);
- There may be some stock rupture and difficulty in its replacement due to the temporary closure of some of our suppliers;
- During this period (which may be extended if justified), we advise against the method of payment Cash on Delivery, as it is a way of spreading the virus.
8. User Obligations
1. The user commit to:
- Provide personal data and a correct address
- Do not use false identities
- Respect the order limits imposed
- Do not change the content of the service
- Do not send messages that contain computer viruses or could cause any other damage
- Use this service in compliance with the laws and regulations that the same are applicable, as well as those set forth here in Terms and Conditions.
2. It is the obligation of those who import to countries outside the European Union (EU), to know the taxes and fees to be paid before placing your order. Such as administrative fees charged by transport companies, and customs and import charges. For a more detailed description see the deliveries and returns page.
3. If you violate any of these obligations, DADIGIT reserves the right to eliminate future purchases, block access to the site defatima.com, cancel the provision of any other goods or services provided simultaneously by DADIGIT to the same user, and also to not allow the user of future access to some or any goods or services provided by DADIGIT.
4. If any of the data is incorrect or insufficient, and for this reason there is a delay or inability on the order processing, or a non-delivery, the responsibility rests with the user, and DADIGIT declines any responsibility.
9. Litigation and Responsability Limits
1. DADIGIT is not responsible for inconveniences or damages caused to the user by the Internet use, such as service disruption, external intrusion, anomalies caused by computer viruses or any other case of force majeure.
2. The user agrees that DADIGIT can not, in no way, be liable for any damages including, but not limited to, damages of loss of profits, data, content, or other loss (even if it has been previously warned by the user of the possibility of such damages), resulting from:
- The use or inability to use the Service;
- The difficulty of obtaining any substitute items and/or services;
- Unauthorized access or modification of personal databases.
3. If, for any reason, there is a delay in the products delivery, a quantity error or inaccuracy in the description thereof, our responsibility does not cover, in any case, indirect damages suffered by the buyer.
4. The law applicable to any contractual relationship established through the site defatima.com is according to the Portuguese law.
5. To resolve any and all emerging conflict of any contract under these terms of sale, will be the competent District Court of Ourém - Portugal with express waiver of any other.
Alternatively you can expose your situation by contacting any of the national entities of Alternative Dispute Resolution Online referred in DISPUTE RESOLUTION.